We’re aware of Zynga’s purchase of Draw Something and Zynga’s emphasis on analytics and metrics to drive product features and decisions. I’m a bit late to the party but I tried brainstorming to put together a Zyngafied version of Draw Something:
- Favor drawings that require colors that a user does not have to encourage the user to buy new colors.
- Leverage the priming effect by picking words that will encourage users to spend more. For example using the words “gold”, “coin”, and “rich” would put users in a buying mood.
- Charge more for the more popular color packs.
- Include “limited edition” color and word packs.
- Reward active users with free color packs, bombs, etc.
I, for one, am glad that I got to play Draw Something before it turns into this money extraction machine.