In November, I migrated my Tumblr and Wordpress blogs over to GitHub pages and have been making a few tweaks here and there. I started with the awesome Jekyll-Bootstrap library but wanted to share the changes I’ve made. It’s all hosted on GitHub so feel free to fork it.
- The version I started with didn’t have the Bootstrap responsiveness library so I added that in
- Since I’m using it primarily as a blog, I updated the design to emphasize the blog aspect
- Consolidated the pagination and social sharing widget to fit on one line
- Incorporated some best practices from Kaikkonen's blog typography guide
- Small improvements to SEO by giving ability to add keywords to each page
- Added Open Graph meta tags to control what’s displayed when people share the page on Facebook
- Made a few tweaks to the way the sitemap was being generated